Panek Leads Team to the NB Golf Cars / M&M Golf Cars Foundation Pro-Am Title-
West Des Moines, Iowa –
The Iowa PGA hosted the NB Golf Cars/M & M Golf Cars Iowa PGA Foundation Pro-Am presented by the Iowa Golf Association at Glen Oaks Country Club in Des Moines on Monday, August 15.
PGA General Manager John Panek led his Davenport Country Club team consisting of Jeff Hassel, Chad Kelley and Steve VanDerSchaaf to the Team Title with a Stableford score of 16 points. The second-place team was PGA Head Professional Chris Black of Hickory Grove Golf Course as he led Jennifer Black, Billy Fratske and Logan Schweinefus with a score of 14 points.
- 16 points: John Panek (Davenport Country Club) – Jeff Hassel, Chad Kelley and Steve VanDerSchaaf
- 14 points: Chris Black (Hickory Grove Golf Course) – Jennifer Black, Billy Fratske and Logan Schweinefus
- 8 points: Matt Erger (Airport National Golf Complex) – Jared Capouch, Matt Edl and Darryl Johnson
- -4 points: Ben Montgomery (Airport National Golf Complex) – Phil Hansen, Ron Kotaska and Corey Kamoos
- -5 points: Sean McCarty (Brown Deer Golf Club) – Brian Donohoe, Matt Adam and Chad Krantz
- -5 points: Jeff Smith (Harvest Point Golf Course) – Jeff Parlet, Bret Foster and Keith Fick
- -15 points: John Dinnebier (Briarwood Golf Club) – Kevin Drew, Rob Van Corler and Bill Donnelly
- -18 points: Davis Sutton (Cedar Rapids Country Club) – Matt Sproston, Mike Wehr and Todd Heying
- -22 points: Taylor Zimmerman (Prairie Links Golf Course) – Steve Cero, Brian Wingert and Adam Gray
Flag event and raffle prize winners will be mailed out their winning prizes or given to their PGA Golf Professional.
- Click here for Flag event winners & raffle Prizes (Each prize will be sent to PGA Professional they played with)
Amateurs will receive shop credit in the Glen Oaks Country Club Golf Shop.
Teams for Iowa PGA Foundation Pro-Am were comprised of one Professional and three amateurs competing in an 18-Hole Individual Low Pro and Team Event Quota System.
In addition to the team event, the Iowa PGA Iowa PGA Foundation featured individual competitions for the Open, Senior and Super Senior Divisions.
Panek and McCarty both tied for first in the Open Division with a 3-under-par round of 68. Panek carded birdies on holes 2, 6, 9 and 10 including a bogey on hole 1. McCarty carded birdies on holes 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 including bogeys on holes 17 and 18.
Judd Gibb of Hanson’s Custom Golf took home first place in the Senior Division with a 2-over-par round of 69. Gibb recorded birdies on holes 11, 14, 15 and 17 including bogeys on holes 2 and 9 in route to his victory. John Bermel of Pheasant Ridge Golf Course carded a round of 1-under-par 70 to claim second-place.
Bermel won the Super Senior Division with a 1-over-par round of 70. Bermel carded birdies on holes 6, 15 and 16 including bogeys on holes 5 and 17 in his win. Joe Butler of Burlington Golf Club, Jim Henry of EK Golf and Jeff Smith of Oskaloosa Golf Course all tied carded a round of 7-over-par 78 to claim second-place. Dave Ranney, life member carded a round of even-par 71 to claim second place.
The Iowa PGA would like to thank NB Golf Cars and M&M Golf Cars for their Title Sponsorship. We would also like to thank PGA Head Professional Don Tracy and the entire Glen Oaks Country Club staff for hosting this event.
Two of the primary beneficiaries of this event will bet the Burkart Scholarship and Swings with Kids Program. The Burkart Scholarship is an annual college scholarship awarded in memory of Charlie Burkart, a PGA member of 49 years and PGA Head Professional at Elmcrest Country Club in Cedar Rapids of 42 year. To learn more about Foundation, click here.
The next event on the 2022 Iowa PGA Tour schedule is the Iowa PGA Pro-Select. Registration for this event closes August 16, 2022. Click here to register.
Follow the Iowa PGA
For more information and schedule updates, fans can follow the Iowa PGA on Facebook (facebook.com/Iowapga
), Twitter (@iowapga
) and YouTube (youtube.com/iowapga
). Fans can also get a behind the scenes look on Instagram (@iowapga
CLICK HERE FOR FULL RESULTS