2019 Fall Events
2019 Fall Events
Iowa PGA Members and Associates are invited to attend the 2019 Fall Events hosted by Riverside Casino & Golf Resort Monday and Tuesday, October 28-29. See tentative agenda below. Due to continued support from sponsors there is no cost to attend any event. Special thanks to Dave Brostrom and Jay Horton of All Star Pro Golf, Russ Luedloff of M & M Golf Cars, Kevin Drew of NB Golf Cars, Tim Goranson of Club Car and Barry Hilton of Tee Snap. Please register if you plan to attend so the staff can properly prepare.
A special hotel rate of $79.95 is available at Riverside Casino & Resort. Please call directly and ask for Iowa PGA Special Rate 319-648-1234.
CLICK HERE to register for Iowa PGA Merchandise Show
CLICK HERE to register for All Star Pro Golf Special Awards Luncheon
Schedule for Monday, October 28
- Iowa PGA Merchandise Show 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Robert's Buffet lunch provided for all registered attendees courtesy of Kevin Drew and Colby Marriott of NB Golf Cars, Russ Luedloff of M & M Golf Cars and Tim Goranson of Club Car. CLICK HERE to register.
- For a list of registered vendor attendees, CLICK HERE.
Education Schedule for Monday, October 28th - Dress for Monday is Golf Casual
- 9:00 a.m. - 6 p.m. Iowa PGA Merchandise Show 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Iowa Golf Association - Chad Pitts and Katelynn Hogenson
- 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Break
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Iowa Golf Association - Chad Pitts and Katelynn Hogenson
- World Golf Handicap - Part II
- 20-question test will be made available if you wish to take it for your facility
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Robert's Buffet lunch provided for all registered attendees courtesy Kevin Drew and Colby Marriott of NB Golf Cars and Russ Luedloff of M & M Golf Cars. CLICK HERE to register.
- 12:30 p.m. PGA Of America - Dawes Marlatt, PGA Senior Director for the PGA of America
- Lifelong Learning Strategy
- Sponsor Appreciation Event (Invitation Only)
Schedule for Tuesday, October 29th - Dress for Tuesday is Business attire (coat and tie for men)
- 8:00 a.m - 8:45 a.m. Registration and breakfast courtesy of Joe Pink and Tee Snap
- 8:45 a.m. - 9:05 a.m. Welcome and Introductions with Joe Pink and Tee Snap
- 9:05 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Panel Discussions and Break Out Sessions
- 11:00 a.m. - All Star Pro Golf Special Awards Luncheon - CLICK HERE to register
- 1:30 p.m. - Iowa PGA Fall Business Meeting
Meet our Speakers
Chad Pitts - Executive Director | Iowa Golf Association
Chad began with the IGA as a P.J. Boatwright Intern in 2002. He is in his 18th season overall with the IGA, the past four serving as Executive Director. He has served as a rules official at eight USGA national championships as well as many state, regional and collegiate events. He grew up in a small town in southwest Iowa (Hamburg) and attended Iowa State University. He lives in West Des Moines with his wife, Kristie and their dog, Matt.
Katelynn Hogenson - Director of Membership Services & Women's Golf | Iowa Golf Association
Katelynn started with the IGA in 2011 as a P.J. Boatwright Intern and is in her 9th season overall with the organization. She grew up in Muscatine and attended Iowa State University, where she played on the women's golf team. Her current role at the association is Director of Member Services and was recently selected to participate in a USGA Handicap Working Group, that is focused on the launch of the 2020 World Handicap System. Katelynn is also involved in championship administration at the IGA and has served as a rules official at six USGA championships, the 2017 Solheim Cup and various state level events. She currently lives in Ames and still bleeds cardinal and gold!
Dawes Marlatt, PGA - Senior Director for Education and Organizational Development
Dawes is a PGA Master Professional and serves as the Senior Director for the PGA of America in their Education and Organizational Development department. His responsibilities focus on talent and career development for all 29,000 PGA Members, Students and Associates. Dawes has led the efforts of a variety of golf businesses focused around business growth, professional development and career management. In 2002, Dawes created a PGA Professional Golf Management Program for the University of Idaho’s College of Business & Economics while serving in the General Manager role at the university’s golf operation. At the PGA of America, Dawes has been responsible for leading teams of professionals to develop a learning strategy aimed at creating greater job impact and performance. He was recognized as 40 under 40 for the golf industry as well as one of golf’s most influential leaders. Dawes has worked with the International Golf Federation (IGF) to develop a coaching framework utilized within the greater Olympic effort for golf. Of the many other International efforts he has participated in, these involve training and program design around talent development for leading sports organizations. He is engaged in several public speaking assignments around the world centered on areas of strategy and talent development.